Tomato Avocado Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
8 slices provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sprinkle chicken with onion powder, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
Add chicken and brown both sides, about 10 minutes.
3. Place chicken on a baking sheet and top each breast with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cheese.
Back for 15 minutes, until cheese melts and chicken cooks through.
Remove from oven and top with slices of avocado.
Yield: 4 servings
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
9 graham crackers
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
8-ounce 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
2 lemons, zested and juiced
3/4 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. To prepare crust, coat a 7 by 11-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Then place parchment paper over the top, pressing down at the corners.
In a food processor, process graham crackers and sugar until you have the texture of breadcrumbs.
Add the melted butter and pulse a couple of times to fully incorporate.
Pour into the lined baking pan and gently pat down with with the base of a glass.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden. When done, set aside to cool.
3. To prepare filling, place cream cheese and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in processor;
process until smooth. Pour mixture into the cooled crust and then cover with blueberries.
4. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until the center only slightly jiggles.
Remove from the oven and cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours.
Once set, remove from pan using the parchment lining and slice into 12 rectangular bars.
Yield: 12 servings
The Peggy Denny Show – Recipe #902 Pt. 1
The Peggy Denny Show – Recipe #902 Pt. 2