(Makes approximately 90 cocktail meatballs)
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh shredded hash brown potatoes, finely chopped
1 cup butter-flavored crackers, crumbled
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine meat, eggs, onions, potatoes, and cracker crumbs; mix thoroughly.
2. Shape into small cocktail meatballs and set aside.
3. Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.
4. Cook meatballs until browned, while turning occasionally.
5. Drain and set aside.
1 cup jelly (green pepper or grape)
1 (18 oz) jar barbecue sauce
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1. Combine jelly, sauce, and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
2. Pour sauce and meatballs into a large non-stick sauce pan.
3. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
(Note: meatballs can be cooked in a slow cooker. Follow directions for cooking time.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup mini pepperoni
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup toasted almonds, sliced
1/4 cup Provolone cheese, finely shredded
1/4 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Beat eggs in medium bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add salt, pepper, onions, bell pepper, pepperoni, mushrooms, almonds, Provolone cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium low heat.
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
5. While cooking, tilt pan and allow egg mixture to touch hot surface of the pan.
6. Once set, cook 4 to 5 minutes or until bottom of frittata is browned.
7. Place large plate over skillet and invert frittata onto plate.
8. Return frittata, uncooked-side-down in skillet.
9. Cook about 4 minutes more or until center is done.
10. Let set for about 2 minutes.
11. Cut into small wedges and serve.
12. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.
Chilly Lemon Pie
3 egg yolks
1 (10-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
6 drops yellow food coloring
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie shell
1 (8-oz.) container whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine egg yolks, condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon extract; blend until smooth.
3. Add food coloring and stir until well mixed.
4. Pour into pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Place in refrigerator and cool for 20 minutes.
6. Spread with whipped topping.
7. Sprinkle with coconut topping.
8. Cover; freeze.
9. Serve frozen.
1 c. fresh grated coconut
1 T. fresh grated lemon zest
2 T. sugar
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine above ingredients.
3. Spread on baking sheet and bake until toasted brown, stirring occasionally; set aside and cool.
Recipe Note: Refreshing chilly dessert that can be prepared in advance.