Bruschetta Chicken with Rice
1/4 cup fat free Italian dressing
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 large red peppers, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
3/4 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 large tomato
3 T fresh basil, chopped
1. Heat dressing in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers and garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until cooked to 165°F turning after 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
2. Add canned tomatoes and water to skillet. Stir in rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine cheese, chopped tomatoes and basil; set aside.
4. Return chicken to skillet; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 Servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 484, Fat 8.8g, Saturated Fat 3.3g, Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 479mg, Total Carb. 53g, Fiber 7g, Protein 47g.
Spinach, Mozzarella and Fruit Salad
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
5 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup cantaloupe cut in small chunks
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese, diced
1. In a small bowl, blend orange juice, olive oil and pepper with a whisk until combined or use a blender or food processor.
2. Gently toss dressing with remaining ingredients in a large bowl until coated.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 146, Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 2.2g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 174mg, Total Carb. 8.6g, Fiber 2g, Protein 5g.
Peach Melba Parfait
2 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
2 cups fresh or canned (in water or juice) peaches, sliced
1/4 cup sugar-free raspberry jam
1. Place 1/4 cup yogurt in each serving dish, top with 1/4 cup sliced peaches.
2. Repeat step 1 with the remaining yogurt and peaches.
3. Top each parfait with 1 T raspberry jam
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 182, Fat 1.6g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carb. 39g, Fiber 1.4g, Protein 6g.